1. What Information we collect about you and how it is used
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways: a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
The Book Nook will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise;
c. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:a. internal record keeping;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
When signing up to the newsletter, you consent for us to collect your email address which is shared with a third-party email marketing provider called MailChimp. This data is then used to generate marketing material which you will receive periodically.
You can unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time using the link provided in each newsletter.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
2. Your Rights
You have a number of individual rights relating to the processing and storage of your personal data. They are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
3. Withdrawal of consent, erasure, and information access
Please contact us if you wish to do any of the following:
- To withdraw your consent for activities for which you have previously consented
- To request a copy of the information that we hold on you
- To request the deletion of information that we hold on you
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, The Book Nook is the “data controller”. This means that The Book Nook determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
Links to other websites
6. How to contact us